Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Sleepless

Sleepless - Cyn Balog Okay, this book is great! After Julia's boyfriend, Griffin, dies in a tragic accident, things go all wrong. People are getting the wrong impression from her mourning and just wants everything to go back to the way it use to be. Bret, Griffin's best friend, begins hanging out more with Julia. Griffin now a sandman is having a hard time adjusting to his new life and that means watching Julia.Eron has been a sandman for a century and is Griffin's mentor. He has also watched Julia for a long time. He cares for her deeply and is waiting for the training to be done so he can have a chance with Julia. But with Griffin messing in a world he longer belongs in, trouble begins to brew.Julia has never had a dream about Griffin. Now all of the sudden he begins showing up in her dreams angry. Personal items are being misplaced and some things changed. Julia suspects she is being haunted by her dead ex-boyfriend but dismisses the idea. All she knows is something is not right.First off, Eron was such a great character and a guy (if I was not married) I would totally date. He is respectful, trustworthy, and very gentlemanly. He is very courteous with Julia and wants nothing more but to protect her, guide her. I did laugh and felt sorry for him at the same time because of the way he was being treated. Here was a young man, who has been dead since the 1900's and has no idea of the way of the world today. I wanted badly to step inside the book and help the guy out. After all, he doesn't know what to do.This book is everything I thought it would be. Adventurous, witty, and great writing. I love the plot and the many twist in the story. I like how she worked with two different characters, from two different worlds. The twist in the story were out of this world. Dreams to nightmares. Risking everything your worked for to protect another. Cyn did a fabulous job. I could not be happier with her book. If you have not, check this book out. It is simply an amazing read that will have a hold on you. Cyn's unique interpretation of the Sandman was nothing that I have seen before. Sleepless is definitely a book to read this summer.