Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Mistwood

Mistwood - Leah Cypess Okay, I will admit that the eyes on this books is what got my attention. It just drew me in like a beacon. Isabel is a shifter, sworn to protect the king. Isabel wast taken from the forest by the new king, seeking her protection. Isabel goes with him, but does not remember the past. She knows that something happen in the past and is haunting her. Isabel begins to quickly pick up on things from the past putting them together. Will she ever discover the puzzles to unlock what happen the fateful day?I admit that the beginning of this book confused me. Usually I am very good at picking up things, but this book was written so suspenseful that it took me a while to see the big picture. I was intrigued by the very idea of this type of shifter and all the drama that is going on. I loved the way the characters played out in the medieval times. Even how Isabel loyalty was tested and wavered was good. I was captured by all the suspense. It seems like at every turn of a new page a new secret was revealed to Isabel bringing her one step closer to what really happened.Leah wrote this book really good. I have never come across a book in the ya genre that is that suspenseful. She had me hooked right away. The way she tied it all up in the end was an added bonus. I would have like to read a little more romance, but in all it was a great read.