Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Return to Paradise

Return to Paradise - Simone Elkeles Ok, I must say how much I loved this book, but also how it nerved me. Weird right? Well let me start off by saying that this book was written well, the plot was okay, the drama was major. MAJOR TEENAGE ANGST! Just when you think it over, it all comes came crashing right back down on you. Maggie is just trying to move on with her life when she volunteers to spread the word on wreckless driving by going to campuses, schools, etc. Little did she know Caleb is also on the trip.This book I enjoyed because I love Maggie and Caleb and have been rooting for them since the very begining. There were some new characters added and it did get is somewhat refreshing pace. Through out the whole book there was nothing but stupid crude jokes, lots of cussing, drinking, sex, etc. What nerved me was how stupid the characters were being. Fighting over fart jokes? (Ok I admit, it made me laugh, but I am also easliy amused) fighting over bunk beds, snoring, you name it they fought over it. What I did like about it was that well Simone did a rather great job capturing the teenage voice. I admit, that if I was teenager, and put in the same postion I act the same way. She did great putting a jokster in there as well as a queen bee and a quite person all mix in with Caleb and Maggie. I hated the Caleb did act. He acted like a jerk and at times I wanted to slap him. Maggie, I understood perfectly. She had every right to act the way she did and I would have done the same thing. I am glad that at the end they were able to become friends and be there for each other. The ending for me was just right.