Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

You Wish

You Wish - Mandy Hubbard This book is a cute and easy read. The world created with her birthday wishes is funny and well one I enjoyed.I loved Kayla and the way she panicked when all her wishes were coming true. I would have done the same thing. All her wishes are ones we can all relate to and most likely asked for. Kayla is a character who thinks she doesn't deserve anything. Through out the story she is brooding and felt like nothing is meant for her. I dislike that about Kayla. I really wanted her to have fun with her wishes instead of worrying about everything.What I did like was that her wishes help her become herself again. She was able to see how much she change and how she misses doing certain activities. Her wishes also help her see the comfort she had on her crush. I respected that she would not go after the guy since he is with her best friend. I also adored how her friendship with her best friend came along. I know it happens to all of us. We have a best friend and then suddenly things began to change between the friends. I like that Kayla didn't care what her best friend is doing as long as they are friends.In the end the friendship is renewed and a new relationship has begun. It is such a cute story. This story really touched my heart in many ways.