Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

YOU AGAINST ME

You Against Me - Jenny Downham Let me just say that I'm really enjoying books with real life issues. I love these books because its real. It's something that happens in life everyday and something you can relate to if you have gone through it. These books aren't about powers and superheros. Its about someone having the courage to stand up and do whats right.What would you do if you someone hurt your sibling? You stand up for them right. In this book, the reader see's from both families point of view of whats goes on with the accused and the victim. The bother and sister each experience the after math of the incident hurting them as well. Mikey, I admit, I dislike from the very beginning. Why? I dislike the way he approach things with Ellie. Here his sister get raped and he is just as low as Elli's brother. I did warmed up to him after his real feelings started to show. I just dislike his way of doing things.Ellie, I admire you. Her willingness to stay by her brother is touching. But what touched me more, was her strength to tell the truth. It takes a lot to stand up for your family, but it take a great deal more to stand against them when their wrong. Her courage, her strength I loved. I loved the plot and the way it flowed. There was so much to the story and each piece of it was revealed at a right time. The reader get to see all of the characters emotions and turmoil. Simply a wonderful read.