Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Stay

Stay - Deb Caletti Have you ever known someone who guilted you into staying somewhere where you knew you should not be? Like when a family starts to fight and you want to excuse yourself? Or when you have an awkward moment between your friend, her boyfriend and you? I have been there and one that, even in a relationship. I can honestly say that I have had a relationship before that was bad. And Stay, definitely covered the essence of a bad relationship and more.I loved this book! I found my self nodding my head a lot because I knew and could tell how this guy would react. I have been in this type of relationship before and it was very hard to get out of. If I tried to leave, he would threaten to kill himself and blame me. I, in turn felt guilty and stayed. Only to find out I had yet made another mistake. And I blame myself for being stupid and falling into his game. The way the relationship was described in all its glory, the hurt, the games, the threats, played out really well. I like seeing the whole relationship from where it started to where it went. It fell in smoothly and so did the reader.The healing part of the book I felt was surprising to me. Clara learned a secret only to find out how it affected her now. I was sadden by this and I'm glad the reader got to see Clara learn from it. But it also says that not everyone is the same. Some people can be pushed to certain limits and take it, while others can't.Stay is a captivating book with lots of love, hurt, and betrayals. The relationship was told very well from beginning to end. The switching of time frames is written smoothly which allows the reader a great insight of where things are going. Everything about this book makes you stay and finish it.