Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Griffin Rising

Griffin Rising (Book One: Earth) - Darby Karchut I loved this book! I love the whole angels concept in books and this book blew me away with it. It had everything that a paranormal book needs. Great plot, and amazing characters that triumph till the very end.The plot of this book is amazing. I really enjoyed it and got into quickly. The main characters Basil and Griffin really where a set of characters that I fell in love with. First off, Basil is a great mentor. He knew what was going on with Griffin and he saved him from it. I like that he knew what Griffin went through and did not pressure him. He worked with him, slowly gaining his trust and re-building it, even in the hardest times. I love that Basil took Griffin under his wing and held him there whenever Griffin fought back. Griffin, my heart went out to the guy. He has been through so much abuse and it was hard for him to trust. Griffin had a lot to learn and get through. He was a tough character who was able to get back on his feet.The plot twist of this book was cool. I enjoyed watching Griffin grow into a man and even fall in love. I loved watching him happy and smiling for once. He had some heart-ache, but I for one as glad that past quickly. I don't like to see Griffin sad.Ms. Karchut wrote an exhilarating book! It is an engrossing book that picks you up right away. I am hoping that in the next book, I can learn more about what happen with his angel test and see more of Griffin. I can only hope that the future that lies with Basil and Griffin will be a good one!