Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Blackberry Bush

The Blackberry Bush - David Housholder I must say that I really enjoyed this book. I was capivated from the very beginning in how their life's were intertwined and how it all came together in the end. The plot was very good. I really enjoyed the feel of traveling into the past and seeing the characters then. All the secrets, and betrayals they habored, you really didn't think how it would connect with the future characters but it did. It also makes you think a lot. It makes you see how even things done in the past can have such a profound effect in the future generations.As for the characters, I thought they were amazing. Mr. Householder, did a great job capturing all of the characters in all of their stages of life. Young, Old, new. I really could relate to what they were going through. So many families went through so much during the war. It was a great refreshment to read it from all kinds of points of views.Which brings me to my gripe. I really didn't like the pov switching. For me, it did flow well, but you were constantly switching characters views over and over again. It was sort of nerving. I really wanted to stay in one person shoes for longer than a few pages. But, then again, after finishing it, I can see how the pov switches were nesscary.The Blackberry Bush, is real, intense read like no other. The plot and writing is intense enough that is captures you right away. This book is definitely something you want to read if you enjoy war stories that are caught up in the web of secrets, betrayal and hurt.