Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Fateful

Fateful - Claudia Gray I have to admit that when I started this book, I was a little skeptical how werewolves in the Titanic would work. It worked. Ms. Gray wrote a compelling story that filled me with the history of the Titanic, it's passengers, and a love that I can read over and over again! First off, the story line. I really love it. Like loved it so much I can't get enough of it. Once I stared the book I am immediately taken back by amazing writing, setting me in the Titanic. Ms. Gray did a great job in taking the reader back in time. Placed on the Titanic and in Tess's shoes, the reader is thrown into a world like no other. The characters of the book were awesome. I really enjoyed the main character, Tess. She is a servant girl just trying to make her way to the US. I loved the Tess is not your normal servant girl. She has hopes, dreams, and expectations that she set out for herself that she is reaching no matter what the cost. I also loved the drama with the family she worked for. It had my heart racing and fleeing for hope as I read about Tess and the troubles. The love interest in this book is simply fantastic. I loved watching Tess become more than what she is, taking risks, making choices that could change her life forever! The love in the book is overflowing the pages and the sacrifice made made me weep! The addictive romance will have you in love with the book!! I never would have thought that this book could work but man, it did. It is the perfect balance of historical fiction with a great love! Weaved with loads of paranormal aspects, Fateful is a book that you are not willing to put down. Once you start, it will enslave you till the very end! Dark and engaging, Fateful is a must read! *Implied sex, curse words*