Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers

The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers - Lynn Weingarten This book definitely took my by surprise. I did not expect what I've read and was totally thrown off. I admit, that I was skeptical and felt it a bit cheesy. As I continued to read on, the plot unfolded to magic that intrigued me. I sat up straighter, diving in the book faster than I thought I would. And in the end, I smiled. So, what got me off about this book? Well for starters, the synopsis is not what I thought. And now that I think about it, I liked that. I like that as the reader, I was thrown off. When I got deeper in the plot line, it all come to sense. The plot definitely kept the reader on their toes with every new chapters. Heart breaks, rules and magic really gave the reader something new to see. The characters of this book had some major changing to do with the magic. At first you play be rules, then your conscious gave way. It was like they were testing you or Lucy was testing herself. I liked that Lucy is really seeing who she is. She is so insecure of who she is that she needs this adjustment. It gave her strength to do things she never do but also gave the reader hope that Lucy will make it. Magic. I loved it. So when it came into the book, into the characters I read on. The magic factor is not witchy but not low either. The magic is used differently in a way I didn't think. Not only was the magic taught, but it was learned. In order to gain magic, you must really know it. Overall, this book really swept me off my feet. I hadn't expected to understand it all, but indeed I did. I loved the way Ms.Weingarten surprised her readers with elements we did not see. She gave her readers a new sight to love that they never seen.