Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Static

Static - Tawny Stokes Talk about some life changing music! I really loved this book. I think the plot line of this book really grips the reader. I am always amazed at the writer's out of the box imagination to create such a great and wonderful story!Ok, first the plot line of this book is nothing like I've read before. I enjoyed being pulled in all kinds of directions but also diving into a book with a unique storyline. I love the thought of music becoming static. If what you hearing is not all that your hearing, but subliminal messages hidden within the music. The plot line never fell short. It caught the reader quickly from page one, never letting the reader go.I loved how well Ms. Stokes brings the reader to a place in the book to connect with the characters. Ms. Stokes created likeable characters that anyone can connect to. You feel the characters angry and grief over what is taken from them unexpectedly. I enjoyed their harbored angry along with the plot to get back at them. It's like a lion hunting its prey. The characters completely engrossed to reader, that you are no longer yourself, but Trevor and Salem fighting for their lives.The slight touch of love in this book gave a right combination of peace to it. The love that grew before the reader eyes set the tone for the book. That there is hope when you think you have nothing left. Ms. Stokes set the opportunity for love when there is fighting everywhere else. I really liked that it wasn't a insta-love but once that grew through survival.Static, is a dark and thrilling book that I can read again. Filled with a revengeful plot and music that is not all what it is, Static is awesome! If you love a good paranormal book with a fresh twist read this book!