Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

My Own Worst Frenemy

My Own Worst Frenemy - Kimberly Reid I like these types of books. A good book of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. What can I say that made me love this book? The plot. I love me a good book with a great plot. The plot in this book really took off from page one. A trouble teen getting shipped off to a new school? A teen with a mom who identity we must keep secret? And the frenemy we love to hate but we can't get enough of.I loved the flow of the book. The feeling that the reader gets when immersed of a world of money than what our main character Chanti is used too. Chanti grew up on the lower side of town and it is good to see Chanti point of view. I like that Chanti had to team up with her frenemy to clear her name. I snickered with the sarcastic comments and risking things.The plot line of the book is simply yet it works. Prejudice against the new girl, thinking she is the one stealing things. I loved the tension in the book between the characters. And the love interest, woohoo! Marco is an amazing guy. I loved how he flirted with Chanti and even helped her. He put himself out there to prove himself to her and he didn't do such a bad job.This is great book of mystery, change and cat fights. Mean girls galore! But it made the book much more fun to read. This is a great series with loads of potential for some major drama I am craving.