Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Selection

The Selection - Alright, I must say I was a bit skeptical and a bit scared going into this book. With all the drama that surrounded it, that last thing I wanted was to get caught up in all of it. What I got out of this book is an amazing story that blew me away! I LOVED IT! Why did I like this book so much? Well for one, the characters. I really adored how each character is unique and fresh. Their voice were loud and clear. With the great writing, I was able to step into the shoes of the characters and see what they are seeing. I like reading a book and being able to loose myself in it. I lost myself in this book quicker than what I thought. In fact, half way through the book I had to put it down cause I was so nervous to read the next page!! I really loved how I was able to see each character changed with new knowledge of the society they lived in. To see their eyes open up to something they never notice before is breath-taking.The dystopian touch to it, I adored. I love the prospect of the war, rules and regulations, and a new kingdom. The numbers of the society I felt was very nice touch. And I could actually relate to the book. The selection process for the girls I could see why they would enter. How important family and necessitates are. Cause when someone is counting on you for everything, you find a way to provide, even if it's risky.The love interest is strained, but just the way I like it. Both male contenders had enduring traits that any gal would want. But then again, I could see both sides of the fence. The rich and the poor. Cause growing up I was poor. My mom raising three kids on her own working two jobs, I know what it is like to help raise my siblings and help my mom. And then I know whats it like to be rich. Once I got my education, got a good job, I was no longer in that area. I know what's it like to have friends who want you around for the money. But still, I can see what America sees. I can understand her well. And that's what got me hooked.The Selection is genuine and natural. It's not just about a society but the fragility of it. The wars, the famine, the poor. It is impossible not to get swept up into the hype of this book. The Selection forces us to reexamine what really matters. Your caste number, your education, money? The Selection sparks a whole new controversy of what love means. How far will you go?