Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

I Hunt Killers

I Hunt Killers - After reading this book I could not go to sleep! The whisper words of Billy's crazed murders flowed through my mind! Literally. This book is so creepily fantastic!What blew my mind about this book is the great plot line. I love the idea of serial murder child. We have Jasper the son of a serial killer named Billy Dent. Jasper has a hard back round filled with blood, murders, and lies. Jasper is doing his best not to be like his father. Instead, he using what his father taught him about murder to catch killers. This folks kept me reading well into the night.The characters of the book Jasper, his best friend Howie, his gf Connie and his father are all written so well! I mean OMG! I can't begin to tell you how each character is so fresh! His friend Howie and Connie are minor characters but play a big role in keeping Jasper sane. They give him courage, strength, and lots of wisdom for the inner demons he is fighting.The best part of this book is the inner demons Jasper faces. Poor kid has been through so much that he blames himself for everything. He blames himself for not speaking out about his father, his mother disappearance, the mind games that his father played on him. My goodness! Some parts of the book gave me fearful chills down my spine. The fear in Jasper and the fear that Billy gives us literally froze me in my seat.Take it from me when I say that I want everyone to read this book. There are some parts in the book that are explicit and I feel because of certain parts that this should be read by mature teens. Preferably 18+. Heck, I'm old and this book gave me the hibbie jibbies! This book is similar to Silence of the Lambs but for teens. Really gave me the creeps. *shudders* But would I read it again, HECK YEAH!With that said, I Hunt Killers is one amazing book! The hideous thoughts of Billy, the flashback of Jasper's life, the hurt and blame, all make for a fantastic read! If you want to know what it is like to be in the mind of a crazed serial killer read this book. I Hunt Killers will slice you open till your speechless!