Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Team Human

Team Human - Sarah Rees Brennan, Justine Larbalestier This book is a quick fast paced read that sweeps the reader off their feet.What I enjoyed most about this book is the fresh aspect of it. Let's hear it for Team Human!!!!For once, there is a smart girl not falling for the predatory smiles of the undead. She smart and does not hang on his every word. Mel quickly catches on to what really is going on. Mel is selfless in all of her actions to help/save her best friend Cathy. I liked that Mel is rational in all of her decisions. Her snarky attitude constantly made me snort.The love interest definitely took a different turn than what I thought. A human raised by vampires, with the choice to change. I loved how well both sides of the story played out. Mel learns a lot more about vampires but she also teaches them more about humans. My only gripe about the story is that I wanted more fighting. It has enough suspense and mystery to keep the reader going but I kept waiting for that moment of kick-buttery. You know what I mean? Still, the book has enough entertainment to keep me reading.Team Human raises all the points about why being human rocks. It's not just about seeing the sun rise, but more about your humanity. The feelings of emotion, love, excitement, passion, joy, and laughter. Team Human is a great story!