Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath

Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath - Helene Boudreau Cute story! Fun and fresh, I had no trouble diving into this book, falling into the world quickly.Being that this book is the second and I still have not read the first, I did not have any trouble picking up where the author left off. The author does a great job on catching up the reader without it being too much. The subtle hints and past thoughts help the reader move at a smooth pace along with the story.The plot line of this book is enjoyable. There is some action in it that made me feel giddy. I love that Jade is practical in all that she does. At times, she acts way more mature at her age. I admire that about her. Jade is just like any other teenager, a plate full of school, drama, and of course, her adventures under the sea. I especially enjoy the little plot twist here and there. The reader doesn't expect them, so it makes the book so much exciting with each page turn.The love interest play out good too. I like that Jade takes everything in so calmly even through she is freaking out in her head. Her thoughts and feelings are well describe for the boy. The excitement that Jade feels of smirks, drama, and life in general makes me feel young again.Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath is an sweet and enduring story. With the rise and fall in the plot, it hold the reader in their seat. Made to be charming, you can't help but love this book.