Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Cold Fury

Cold Fury - T.M. Goeglein I love these types of stories. Fresh, innovative, and daringly exciting, Goeglein painted a fantastic story that kept me glued to the story till the last page. Even then, I wanted more. What I enjoyed most about the story are the characters. The reader meets Sara Jane. An outcast in her family once her brother is born, Sara is kept in the dark about everything. Her anger builds and she is secretly molded into a fighting machine. I adore how wonderfully this character is built. The author does a great job in getting the reader invested in Sara Jane. She is quiet yet very smart. She listens to everything and knows things. She keeps quiet till the time is right. And let me tell you, when she comes out of her shell, she is a kick-butt girl! The plot of the book is awesome. The reader is also kept out of the loop as well. This helps the reader become intrigued in what exactly the "family business " is. All the small talk, the whispers, the secret meetings really capture my interest. With each chapter revealing more and more, I could not but help myself but want to know more. There really isn't a love interest but a great friendship and a love just beginning. I like that Sara Jane had a few close friends who helped her along the way. She treasures her friendship and is loyal to the end. Cold Fury is an welcome contempory edge that is unique yet exciting. The influence of mafia effectively provides an amazing detailed story that no one would want to put down. A compelling action packed story that stays consistant, Cold Fury is dynamic!