Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Burn

Burn - Heath Gibson These are the types of books that open your eyes. Sometimes you just have to open up your eyes.Despite what the world is coming to today, people need to stop being blind and open their eyes. Burn does just that. Even good people have problems that they turn a blind eye too. And this angers me as a Christian. In Matthew 23, Jesus talks about how the pharisee concentrate on the good principles but fail to look at the greater ones. If you have the power, to help someone and you don't, your guilty. With that said, the main character William address that issue. Growing up a PK (preachers kid) William has been taught to do all the right things. But at what expense? Turn away others cause their a bad influence? Don't address that subject cause it's "wrong."I love how the plot is fully entertaining yet keeps the reader on their toes. I love that with each chapter William is taught to look at things differently then what he ever saw them before. I loved that the reader is able to easily fall into Williams shoes and feel everything he is feeling.The love interest in this book is good. It was more of a friendship turning into to love but still, I adored it. I like that how open she is with everything. And I agree with her. People now and days need to wake up. Times have changed. We can't continue to address things as delicate issues. *SMH*Not to mention the pryo thing going on. Those parts get addicting fast!Burn is the ultimate eye opener. A genuine moving story Burn, makes it way start to your heart. The incredible attention Burn gives leaves the reader breathless. Awesome and inspiring, Burn is awesome!