Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Blood Keeper

The Blood Keeper (The Blood Journals) - Tessa Gratton Alright, I went into this book expecting a continuation of the story from the first book Blood Magic.That is not the case. This is the same world different characters. After a while and finally getting into it, I was able to get into the story and enjoy it. Because I was under the wrong impression, it took my a while to understand where the characters are coming from and how they relate to Silla and Nick. The connection is made but not till the end. Still, as the reader I was still a but confused through the story.Now, the plot flowed nicely. Once I was in the story, I was able to fall into the plot quickly. Here we have a girl who knows her magic, with a boy who is messing with it and has no idea what doors he is opening. I like that Mab is feisty yet loyal. She helps Will despite her warnings to him and even figures out what is wrong with him. In the mean time, there is another story being told from the past that relates to the current situation. I enjoyed this part the most. I like how well it came together in the end.Their love and friendship is built over trials that made them stronger. I liked them watching them fight for each other no matter what the cost. The Blood Keeper is simple yet amazing. With loads of secrets and magic lurking around every corner, the story held my interest. The Blood Keeper is great read.