Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Spark (Brigid Kemmerer's Elemental Series #2)

Spark - Brigid Kemmerer This is an amazing book! With the readers getting a chance to look at the second brother Gabriel we're finally getting a glance at his dark side.What I enjoyed most about this book is Gabriel's dark side. Gabriel is the twin of Nick but always in the shadow of him. Gabriel finally reaches his boiling point and he explodes. Gabriel has a hard time controlling himself of fire and manages to find him in the whole world of trouble. The author wrote a flawless character that is well... flawed. Gabriel's secret get so intense throughout the story. The more he can't control it, the more angrier and scary Gabriel gets. The plot of the book revolves mostly around Gabriel, but the reader gets a good insight on what it going on with the other characters as well. We see more about the oldest brother, (FYI: Can't wait for that story) as well as some more information on the others.Gabriel manages to find a girl that I believe suits him well. This love starts off rocky and grows slowly. I enjoy it. Seeing Gabriel being peeled back piece by piece as well as Layne. Layne is fighting some demons of her own. When author brings these two together they are perfect. Shining and helpful to each other, the truly burn with passion.Igniting a whole new Spark, Ms. Kemmerer second installment is awesome! I love following the darkness of Gabriel and watching Layne bring him to the light. Fierce and amazing, Spark shoots off like a rocket!