Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Butter

Butter - Erin Jade Lange You know as much as I have read, I have never had a book make me gag. This is a good thing. Why, you might ask? Well, for one this book is so well written with great descriptions that I fell immediately into the book, taking everything in. There are many parts in this book that throw me in emotional overload. The reader meets Butter, an over- weight young boy who wants a change. The deep feelings his has for wanting to lose the weight, for not wanting to eat so much, for others to stop making fun of him. I can tell immediately how hard it is for him everyday. Next, the bullies. UGH! I swear I wanting to slap every single one of them. How can a person loose weight when you make fun of them so much! Not to mention the disgusting and vile things they to do Butter. When I got to this part in the book, I wanted to cry. I was filled with so much anger, I could totally understand why Butter wanted to take his life. I would too if that was happening to me everyday.There was friendship in this book but I am disappointed in it. Butter needed a friend. A good friend who was willing to stand by him and help. Not add to the problem or turn around when his is failing. Still, the way the author writes these characters adds to who Butter is. In the end, Butter figures of what he needs to do.Butter is an unfortunate story of young man who is struggling. The extreme emotions and ugly people in the book make me so mad. The story delivers a good insight to a life of someone who faces that every single day!! Butter will shock the reader. An wonderful achievement in bringing such an emotional story to light, Butter is well-crafted.