Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Measuring Up

Measuring Up - Nyrae Dawn We all have issues with our body. If you don't then you are not human. I know with girls, we are always trying to loose weight. We always compare ourselves to other women no matter what. What I adored about this book is the main purpose of being happy with yourself. Annabel has dealt with being overweight for a long time. She's dealt with the name calling and even dealing with her mother's comment. I really loved how Ms. Dawn capture emotions so well. Once in Annbel's shoes I felt her desperation of wanting to loose weight, of just for once, wanting to be accepted and not ridiculed. The love interest in the book is exactly what I wanted. A guy who knows all about be name called or made fun of. He like Annabel for her heart and not her image. He gave her strength and encouragement when she needed it the most. And Annbel did the same. When she found him turning away from her, she fought for him just as hard. I adored watching them truly love each other.Measuring Up encompasses the true meaning of love. It gives hope to those who believe they are unworthy. If your looking for a heart-moving, engrossing book Measuring Up is for you. The portraits of judgements and who you think you are all starts with YOU! As Nyrae Dawn says," This book is dedicated to anyone who has ever felt like they don't quite "measure up". YOU DO."