Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Finn Finnegan (Adventures of Finn MacCullen)

Finn Finnegan - Darby Karchut Putting all the right elements into a fantastic story, I really enjoyed this book. What I really like the most are the elements of a redeeming character as well as fantasy The reader meets this you lad, who is well...different. He has been sent away for his training and his "family" are just waiting for him to fail. All his life he has been told that he will amount to nothing, but I know that this kid will prove them wrong. I like Finn determination. Though he has been treated horribly, he is striving to do his best. He still has lots of fears and anger to over come. Finn has a great mentor who is helping him break all the bad habits that he has. The love interest is not quite developed just yet but a wonderful friendship has. Finn has made some new friends and I know that these two will help him in any way that they can. They give him courage and don't treat like an outsider but as an equal. I'm interested in seeing where the love interest will go with Savannah. (Yes, I love that she has my name!) Finn finds himself at odds between his loyalty to his apprenticeship as well as finding who he is. After all, he is still just a teen and is still learning.Finn Finnegan is a great start to an awesome series. I feel that this book carries everything you need in a story to be satisfied. My only gripe is that it is short. I wanted more story, but I'm willing to overlook it. Redeeming and wonderful, Finn Finnegan is great!