Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Incarnation

Incarnation - Emma Cornwall Steampunk is a genre I want to read more of. What I enjoyed most about this story is the great plot. I loved how it moved with the reader, allowing me to take everything in. From the scenery, to the people, to lost memories waiting to surface. Each chapter the reader follows Lucy who is determine to find out the truth. I like that is tougher than ever, kicking butt and asking questions later. The interesting aspect of getting to see her interact with Bram Stoker, is so cool! The love interest definitely creep up on me. While Lucy was done looking for love, seeing it come upon her in a time like this in her life is good. She need those small moments of peace and security. So much was taken away from her. To have this, it almost made her human again. And then there is the ending. I think it ended on the note that you know that this story is far from over. I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that there will be more.Another interesting aspect is the connection to King Author and The Knights of the Round Table. I'm loving how well the author let everything flow easily with the back round history. Once I got the bigger picture to the story, I just knew I was in for a ride of my life.Other the ending being so bittersweet, I really loved this story. Incarnation brings back a time and place that any reader wants to be in. A smart yet tough romance, Incarnation is great!