Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Maybe I Will

Maybe I Will - Laurie Gray Books that deal with sexual assaults always touch my heart. You, along with the characters, learn how to deal with what has happened. Your able to to read along and feel the emotions, the hurt, and the anger. But most of all, you get a chance to learn to let go and become stronger.I really loved the plot of the book. This young girl who is so ambitious taken by surprise. Her reaction to what happen to her is real. It's not something fabricated or not done correctly. She's falls slowly into depression then all together. She hides it and suffers all alone. She bottles it up inside and its crazy to see Sandy fall from the once smiling, happy gal to someone you don't recognize. Sandy has great people around her who immediately notice and try to help.The story also has great minor characters that help Sandy. She finds REAL friends who stand by her side. Her other so called "friends?" Pssh! Don't even get me started on those people.The ending of the book felt a bit weird. Not that anything it wrong with it but it just change so abruptly that it caught me off guard.Maybe I Will is an engrossing tale of finding the strength to speak. Feeling lost and forgotten, Maybe I Will is ambitious and clear. A sobering message that everyone needs to read, Maybe I Will is awesome!