Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Rotten

Rotten - Michael Northrop Reading a story about redemption and following your heart always is a great recipe.The plot of the book is touching and automatically enticing. Especially if your a dog lover like myself. And rescuing a dog that has been abused and only to be put into another scandal it only fuels me to read fast. I like that the plot didn’t only deal with Johnny Rotten but also what is going around in JD’s life. Friends, family and of course a special girl. The author managed to mix everything in well that it flowed beautifully.There are many relationships on the book that I felt were down great. The relationship with the dog, Johnny Rotten. The relationship with his mom, which I adored cause you don’t see many relationships with the parents involved in YA a lot. And of course, the love interest with a girl. Every relationship had a part in JD’s life that gave the story much more interest. JD’s friends betraying him, the girl crush helping him, and JD learning to help his mom whenever possible.Overall, I really enjoyed this book. With a realistic plot, any reader wants to save Johnny Rotten. The redemption not only in JD but as well as Johnny Rotten gives the reader hope. Rotten is a story that can charm anyone. A visually impressive story, Rotten is great!