Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Wasteland

Wasteland - Susan Kim, Laurence Klavan A dystopian at its best with vivid world-building, I’m thrilled that I read this story. A new world for the reader to explore like no other. And of course the fight for power is struggle that is starting a battle. I really loved the plot. Built up beautifully with so much power in the words and world that is built, I found myself in the wasteland trying to survive. Learning the tricks and trades to survival, there are several new elements in the story that I particularly enjoyed. With all that is going on in the plot, I didn’t see the romance. There are friendships and business aspects done, but the romance certainly sneaked up on me. I like it. Despite the harsh world that Esther lived in, she found love where she least expects it. It gives her the strength to fight for the love she found and the friends she lost.What really intrigued me an kept me in the story is why do they die at such young age. And what exactly are people killing and searching for? As I continued to travel in the world, each chapter lead me deeper into more secrets. When all the secrets were revealed, I’m astonished I didn’t see it sooner. The authors did a great job in keeping the reader out of the loop, along with the characters so that everything you read you discover together. A great story that can capture any readers imagination, Wasteland is fantastic. It’s gritty and dark, compiling a primitive the search for life , Wasteland is awesome.