Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Catherine

Catherine - April Lindner I love this author. The has such a beautiful way of taking classics stories, re-taling them with such vivid imagination and so modern, I can’t help but fall in love.The characters of the story is what I enjoyed most. Going from past to present, Chelsea has stumbled upon a letter, going in search for answer. I adored Chelsea. This girl got guts. Not letting anything slip away from her, she takes her chance in searching for answer shes always longed for. She is strong, confident, and very smart. I like that while Chelsea is looking for answer, she is unknowingly walking the same path her mother did. It was sort of ironic, to see Chelsea do this. In the end, it helped her find her mom.The love interest…I felt I wanted more. Being that a majority of the time the story focus on Chelsea and her mom, there is not really time for romance to build up. The friendship/romance that did happen, gave the story small moments of escape for the chaos that Chelsea came upon.Catherine is a story just as good as the classic. Smart and witty, Catherine is a nice modern enhancement that anyone can enjoy. An amazing story, Catherine is excellent.