Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Towering

Towering - Since I’ve been following this series from the beginning, I had to read this. I really enjoyed watching Kendra meddle in other peoples lives. Unfortunately, while the book is good, it didn't live up to my expectations.My first thought after finishing the book was, where’s Kendra? Its missing Kendra. As I read on in the chapters, I kept expecting to see Kendra step in, meddle, create chaos, or at least help the situation someway. Instead, Kendra was no where to be found and that left me sad. I really enjoyed Kendra and her crazy antics. To see her missing was like the book is incomplete.The plot itself went from a lost girl to a murder mystery. I find this part of the story interesting. I enjoyed being in all the characters shoes, watching them unravel pieces of information to unlock the towns missing people. The clues left behind, were woven nicely into the plot giving the reader just the amount of information they need to make the connections needed.Of course there was a love interest in which I felt moved way too fast. Given the fact that they barely knew each other and of course the plot moving fast, I couldn't really feel the love. Time was working against them, so I somewhat understand. Still, I need my romance nice and slow.Overall, Towering is an okay book. For me, this book didn't really fit the Kendra’s mold. At this point, I’m unsure if I want to continue the series. Bleak and a easy read, Towering is okay.