Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Horde (Enclave)

Horde - Ann Aguirre

Finally tackling the last book in the series, I LOVED IT! Every flip of the page, made my heart beat faster and faster!

Plot: This is the last book in the series, so if you haven’t made your way through the first two books, go and do it now. So, I loved how this plot divulged right to the action. After staying in Salvation for some time, their time is over. They go looking for help in which turns into this awesome journey and new discoveries. This part gave me major anxiety. I was literally anxious/scared to turn the page cause I had no idea what they were walking into.  The plot is amazing, keeping the reader thoroughly entertained with lots of action. The main strength of the story is surprise.  Plot twists after plot twists, Horde is beautifully constructed.

Love: It makes me so giddy to see these two together!! Every time they got a few peaceful moments to themselves, I just sighed and basked in their playful banter of flirtatious laughter.  Heck! I even laughed with them. It’s good to see them smile and not worry if they will make it through one last fight. Their love is infectious and certainly makes the reader grin from ear to ear.

Zombies: Zombies are the new black. They are everywhere. And the little surprise that this authors throws is..well…its out-there.  The anticipation of what these zombies can do and know, made me shiver to my bones. It’s literally freaky yet weird. This is another element in the story that kept my intrigued.

Horde is an successful series brilliant in both characters and plot. It drives the reader with clever surprises and effective plot twists. A unique combination  that is rare and exciting, Horde is marvelous!