Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Ruby Red

Ruby Red - Kerstin Gier So as I began this book, I was little confused as to what is going on. It took me a while to get into and really see the big picture. But never fear. It didn't take me that long to get into it but it take take me by surprise of how much I really liked this book. It did, however remind of The Time Travelers Wife but with the elements of teenagers as well as a magic society that has been around for centuries.First off the plot line is amazingly good. I loved how they time traveled back to the past and be in historical times. I LOVE IT! I loved reading things as they were in that time, then flying back to the present. Another element in this story that really captured me is the society that protects these time travelers. I love the history of the soctiey, the way it is incorporated with birthstones, and what they do. This society right here brought so much more to the story that it made me giddy. I love when an author can give me not only a great book but great history on it as well. It answers questions but also proposes a great story line that is easy to dive into The love interest in this story didn't really grab me as much as I wanted it to. As much as I enjoyed watching the two work together and time travel, I really didn't feel the love. I like that they flirted, and spent time together, but I felt that they sparked that they need just wasn't there. At least not for me.Ruby Red is a great book that I loved. It had a great history on it that made you dive deeper into the story becoming a time traveler. You saw the world, through a whole another set of eyes and the reader is in awe.If you love time travelers stories with a twist, read this book. I can assure you that you will travel to places that you never been before!