Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Shadowlands (Shadowlands (Hyperion))

Shadowlands - Kate Brian I had no idea that when I started this book that it would capture me so tightly, that I stayed up close to one in the morning to finish it. I literally could not put the book down and instead, found myself immersed in a world where death lurks around the corner. Let me be the first to say," BRAVO! Ms. Brian." The plot is what every reader wants. Exciting and thrilling, lots of mystery and psycho killer on the loose. Once I started this book, there was no going back for me. I was hooked and would not put the book down. Every chapter, the reader is lead deeper into the mind of the killer as well as the victim. Things don't seem to add up and you just KNOW that something is missing...The ending. O.M.G. The. Ending. It totally sealed the deal for me, leaving me jaw-dropped. I DID NOT expect that! I really didn't! The author had me so tied up amongst other things, that I failed to miss the clues. Well played Ms. Brian, well played. Shadowlands is an awesome, amazing book that you want to read. It's one of those stories that will stick in your mind, days after reading it. You'll keep going back to parts, searching for the where you got lost. Clearly, it wasn't that the reader is lost, it's just that Kate Brian is one helluva of writer!