Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Sweet Peril

Sweet Peril - Wendy Higgins I started this book on the road, so excited and ready to dive in. In the beginning, I was nervous and scared being that Kaiden made a sudden disappearance. And I wasn’t sure at all what would happen… Still, I pushed though reading the book and YES! This book is FREAKING GOLD!Alright, lets dive right in and talk about the plot. It’s awesome and totally entertaining. Never wavering from the lack of emotions, I adore reading every single page. It moves a great pace, allowing the reader to fall in slowly then all together never letting the reader go. I think what was most exciting for me, is watching Kaiden and Anna interact with each other. The back and forth of emotions, the struggle of doing what is right verses what is expected of you, really kept me deep into the story.Now, the love interest. Oh Boy! Kaiden, sweetie you still my breath away. Not to mention the author had my heart racing thinking that there might be a love triangle. FEAR NOT! There is no love triangle. Just a dumb boy, who once gets his head on straight, it all goes good. In the beginning there is a bit of a struggle going on, but once they declare their emotions it’s on baby! Watching these two change each to other and those around the them, you feel nothing but hope.I’m super excited to read the next book. A very interesting plot with great world building, I need more. Sweet Peril is an utterly engrossing story that you can not come out of. With the great charisma Kaiden throws at you combined with Anna’s sweetness you can’t help but fall in love with them. A jaw-dropping sequel, Sweet Peril is a captivating story leaving you wanting more.