Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

After

After - Amy Efaw We see these stories all the time but we never really get to know the girl. I know whenever I read stories like these in the paper I think," How cruel! How can someone do such a thing?" After reading this book, I am glad that I got a good insight on what goes on in the minds of these young women who dump their baby in the trash, I don't know who they are, and what they are thinking.As the reader, we really see into Devon's mind and how she went through things, I felt for her because of her problems. I would have never taken the time to get to know Devon after doing what she did. Ms. Efaw did a wonderful job capturing every feeling, emotion, hurt, anger, rage and denial in this story. The storyline was great. We saw Devon experience with the birth, arrest, and jail time. I am glad that I pick up this book and learned a whole bunch more than I expected. If you have not, read this book. While I know not all cases are the same, it will give you a new perspective of what these women go through.