Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Past Midnight

Past Midnight - Mara Purnhagen Ghosts. I love ghost stories and anything paranormal. But this book, not only held me at every page, but captured my every being. Charlotte is the Princess of Paranormal. Her parents are famous for the ghost documentaries. After moving to a new town, she meets a new friend with a big secret. After being there for a while, she begins to investigate and learned what really happen that night. She also learns that she is being haunted by ghosts who want her to find there long lost daughter.Sometimes when I read a book I don't like the fact that there are two story lines going on. Sometimes it fits well with the plot and other times no. Ms. Purnhagen did a wonderful job writing both story lines. Not only did they fit well with each other, but they also had great endings. Both lines were closed with all questions answered. You weren't left hanging and confused.I loved Charlotte. She was fearless and strong when it came to ghost. One thing that did get me was she was quick to judge. Whatever her friends told her she believe, yet she doubted in her mind. I was glad to see that she gave him a chance to explain and set things right. There are always two sides to a story. I am happy that both were heard. The ghost part I loved. All the researching and finding out clues is one adventure I liked being on. Charlotte willingness to help I adored. She wanted to help everyone. She was selfless when it came to setting things straight. She put herself on the line no matter what.If you are looking for a great ghost story, with researching, creepy raise the hair on your arm moment but also great life drama read this book. It will not only make you look over your shoulder but it will entice you till the very end.