Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

So Shelly

So Shelly - Ty Roth This book would make one heck of a life time movie. It was written beautifully. The characters were well describe and the plot... well the plot is not only graphic but destructive. It was a type of plot that pulls you in drowning you in the characters life and sorrows. I will do my best to write this review without revealing any spoilers. Bare with me, cause this is the first time I found myself loss for words.I enjoyed this book even though for me was hard to read. I found myself shaking my head a lot wondering why on earth were they doing what they were doing. Shelly. Poor Shelly. I love her character. Shelly is a girl who puts up with anything. Her emotions show clearly in her actions. Shelly did what she had to do to keep Gordon in her life. Either he was at a distance or next to her. They had what I call a very destructive relationship. One they were tied down to and could not let go. Gordon, was a well written beautifully describe character. I can understand the way that he is because of what he went through, but I can't help but dislike him for what he did. He is selfish and will never learn.John is the third wheel caught in the middle between all this drama. I like how he didn't take sides and saw everything for what it is. Now, how this guy ever learn love from watching this relationship is beyond me. I think, he learned more about love from seeing its opportunity that is lost. Love that was never given a chance because of selfish people not letting go and seeing the good that was always in front of them.This book overall is great. I loved reading it. It does have some very graphic things in it. There was drugs, sex, incest, suicide, and every kind of hurt you ever felt. Good book.