Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins Anna and the French Kiss was simply divine. An absolutely good read that I could not put down. I think what I loved most about this book was that everything was at the right pace, right words, right timing. Nothing was thrown at you and you weren't spinned out of control with info.Anna is devastated. She is being sent around the world to a bordering school where she is alone. No one to help her. She is ALONE! All she sees is a year of exil. What she doesn't see is the cute boy who will soon walk into her future.I liked St. Claire. I loved his accent, the way he talks, his perspective of things. He guided Anna when she need him and they had fun together. What I didn't like was that he was selfish. Sorry, but I had to say it. I know he didn't mean to but he used her as his crutch when he felt lonely and that upset me. While I was glad that he like and fell in love with her genuinely, I was still saddened by his actions.Anna reminded me of me when I was in school. Scared to go to new places, try new things, and suffered in silence. Anna was so brave and took everything in stride. The character was likable and could relate to well. I like that she was strong. Even in a new and scary place, she held up her head high and made do with what she had. She is an easy person to make friends with and funny at times. Her sarcastic side is something I loved reading.Anna and the French Kiss is a great book. I think I may have even learned a french word or two. The love between St. Claire and Anna is sweet. It is a kind of loves that grows in time within the book and you just fall in love with them. I rooted for them all the way. I was extremely happy that they made it. If you have not, read this book. Read it!