Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Mieradome

Mieradome - Kate O'Hegarty Let me just say while reading this book one movie came popping into my mind. And that is a good thing because I love this movie. The movie is called Pan's Laybrinth. This novel is absolutley a great read.While this book is not a easy read, the story is captivating. I enjoyed all the characters and the plot. The characters names I love because the are all so unique! So Amavia is taken out of the faery world and led to believe she is a human. Amavia begins having dreams and is led right back to Mieradome. There Amavia goes through a long world wind adventure discovering who she truly is.Ms. O'Hegarty did a wonderful job writing this. The plot was just plain good. It did take me a while to read this because the book was long and of course a little higher reading level. I enjoyed the book nonetheless. Mieradome is a captivating read that will blow your mind. It does start off slow, but quickly picks up into the story. I love the ending with the tree. I was glad to see that Amvaia was able to find a way out of things and of course the grandmother tree still stands. (That was a close one)If you love a great fairy tell with good literature, then read Mieradome. As I said before Mieradome is written with a little higher reading level, kind of like A midsummer night dream. Great writing.