Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Prom and Prejudice

Prom and Prejudice - You know, as much as I love re-tales of classic books, this book didn't seem to grab me as much as I wanted it too. I still enjoyed reading it but I had high expectations for it especially since I love Jane Eyre.One thing I enjoyed about this book are the strong characters. The main character, Lizzie is off the charts. She is an amazing girl who grew a back bone when getting harassed as the new scholarship girl. She is not the same and lets everyone know it. She is strong and level- headed, and finally put her foot down in being treated badly. Will Darcy is a Class A jerk! From the very beginning he made me fume! I mean who does he think he is??? He treated the girls badly and just made me want to slap him. But at last, he did mange to win me back when he finally started to come around and be himself.The plot line of this book is my gripe. While the characters were amazing, the plot is slow and not very grabbing. I had a hard time staying with the book. And only cause of the characters did I continue to read. I did however, love the idea of prom and what it meant in society. Over all, it's a good book with amazing characters.