Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Vesper

Vesper - Jeff Sampson Talk about having a major headache. Poor Emily has no idea why she was changing and she is scared. One moment she was herself and the next, she was someone else on a mission. She was looking for a scent. A boy? Who was it and what is going on with her?This book was great! I loved the how it started with the whole getting interviewed and recorded. Very mysterious and a great hook. From the beginning, the book just filled me with lots of questions. I just kept on reading wanting to know the secrets already.The plot and the drama in the book was good. Emily has been seen as a nobody. Through out most of the book her own classmates would questioned who she was, when she was the changed. As changed Emily, no one could stop her. I like that she was filled with strength, fulfilling her mission. Although I concerned for her as to how she dressed and acted sometimes. Emily's constant change did keep me on my toes. I wanted to know everything that happen when she was changed and of course how she was when she changed back. And I must say, I like the change Emily.The paranormal stance in this book was good and was one I did not see coming. I thought that maybe Emily was a modern day Jekel and Hyde. But no. She was merely changing in her mind in order to prepare her body. At times I would freak out too. But the way Mr. Sampson wrote this was just WOW! He had me at the edge of my seat with excitement!!! He definitely wrote a book I could not put down.I like how this book had a lot to do with finding yourself. Although Emily struggled, she prevailed in finding out who she was. I was glad to see her mate wasn't so bad either. The big secret in the end was sort of a surprise. I was expecting it. I'm not sure if there is a next book, but if there is, I will most definitely read it. There are so many unanswered questions.