Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Cursed

Cursed - Jennifer L. Armentrout I love this author! Her books are always well written with amazing plots and details. Getting into this book was easy.Obviously, it was the characters that got me hooked. Watching struggling teen deal with lots of a family, friends, and herself, Ember is a fighter. She survives to keep what left of her life together, which I wholly admire. Her ability to keep her head down, to look past everything else and do what is best for her sister touched my heart. Ember is undeniably the most selfless person I ever met.The plot of the book is quite extravagant. It had lots of mysteries that I was itching ti be solve. Questions that I demanded to be answered. I favored those parts in the book the most cause it got me all tingly inside. Searching for clues, asking right and wrong questions, getting people riled up! So much fun! The love interest is really interesting. This isn't the normal love interest. They both have lost families, so they relate to each other really well. They both have powers that can be deadly and really have to work on control. I like that despite to hated toward Ember she had a friend who stood up for her. Though at times this guy was a little hot/cold, which turn me off. Overall, I liked that they overcome a lot of trials together making their love and friendship stronger.Cursed is entertaining. It's captivating and very alluring from the first page. The hard life and the secrets kept from Ember will have the reader racing along the pages reader faster. Impressive with emotions and a great plot, Cursed is fantastic!