Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Shadow and Bone

Shadow and Bone - I LOVED THIS BOOK! I have so much love for it that I just want to scream to the world my excitement over it! Seriously, if you love books with kick-butt characters, this book is for you!First off, let me say how much this book blew me away. I loved the action, the characters, as well as the impending doom that happens towards the end. Fantastic! The characters of the book are so out of the loop. I like reading a book where the characters themselves have no idea that power that they possess. To see them come into their power and do great things is amazing. I liked reading along with them, seeing everything new through their eyes.The powers of this world is soo cool! I especially enjoyed the ranking cloaks that they get. Awesome touch! The author never cease to amaze me with the world building. The land, the people, the magic, and even the boys.The love interest went where I wanted it to go. There are two people grown up together and now split due to one gaining a power that is rare. I loved that while they were split they yearned for each other. They really just wanted to go back to the way it used to be and pretend that everything going on around them is not happening. The small moments of peace they have together gives the reader an amazing touch of real love.I'm going to end this review before I ruined it for everyone. Shadow and Bone delights the reader with an amazing story that is epic. With dashing heroes, ultimate power, and a kingdom that is on a verge of a war, make no mistake that you need to read this book! Shadow and Bone excels in what a book should be. Fast, shocking, and overall awesome!