Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Girl in the Steel Corset (The Steampunk Chronicles)

The Girl in the Steel Corset - Kady Cross OMG! I know I say this plenty of times but, WOW! I really, really, LOVED this book! Steampunk is becoming my new favorite genre.What I like most about this book is the plot. The plot instantly grabbed you and took you away. The plot starts off fast sucking you into the world of 1897. I adored walking in the shoes of Finley. She was so strong and courageous! As the storyline unfolds, you see begin to find answers to the questions that are popping up in your head. What I also like are the several small plot lines that are also going on in the main story. I quickly got attached to the minor characters. These characters may have started off small, but in the end, they played a bigger part then they realized.I like how all the characters are somewhat connected. Each of them have a connection to each other. That was another plus in the story, the characters. Each characters are the own. They each have their own abilities, strengths, and faults. But one thing that remains between them is their loyalty to each other. They know that they are different and do their best to not only accept each other, but protect each other.If you love a kick-butt heroine, that has the strength of her fabulous steel corset, read this book! Not only will you devour it, but it will have you wanting more! Ms. Cross wrote a fantastic book that showcased her wonderful writing. It was an excellent, well describe book that was a very enjoyable read!