Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Crewel

Crewel - I have only read one other book about weaving so I must say it most definitely lived up to my expectations. The amazing world building lead for an very exciting read.The best part of this story is the world building. I really loved the rules of the world and the setting of it. The author delivers great descriptions of buildings, people, and places. I had a blast just letting my mind roam in this world. There is something about the wonderful writing that allows the reader to completely immerse themselves in the story. One page in and I was a goner...Still, it does begin slow but it does pick up to something amazing!The characters of the story were the icing on the cake. Swift-moving with lots of emotions, I had no problem getting into Adelice's shoes. It was fun being her for a short time, seeing everything through her eyes. She is selfless in her actions and kept true to herself. I can't imagine learning to fail your whole life just to stay hidden. There were a few minor characters that played bigger parts than expected. I loved that even though their role is scarce, they were big pawns in the whole conspiracy theory of Crewelers.I admit that this love interest is soooo interesting. It's not like other love interests out there. This one is more mature and deep. This love draws the reader like the other cause of their past lives. Both life's before completely different, when they come together finally you know its for a purpose. That's why I need the second book already. I WANT TO KNOW!Crewel is a deeply moving book that you want to read. The outburst of plot twist and vengeance, Crewel is a story like no other. The core of the story is compelling and addictive. Crewel is lawless society in which the fighting just begun...