Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Poison Princess (Arcana Chronicles)

Poison Princess - Kresley Cole When I got this book in my hands, I squealed with delight! And once I dived into the world of frenzy and a game that has just started, the pieces the moved into play amazed me!What really hooked me to this book is how the story is told. The reader meets Evie a girl with hard history and on the run. Finding refuge in a near by cabin, Evie begins to re-tale her story of what happen to her. Her life before the flash, what she did how to survive and where she is now. With the way it is told, Ms. Cole did a fantastic job letting it flow well tying up nicely in the end. Compelling from the start of Evie story, the reader is quickly invested in her storytelling. You can't help but what to be closer just to make sure you pick up every part of her story.The characters of the book are awesome. I can't begin to explain of undeveloped they were in the beginning, but then bloomed right in front of the reader. Evie, Jack, and all of the cards, achievement a good enhancement in growing in who they are meant to be. At first things don't quite make sense but as soon as you step away and see the bigger picture, it makes sense. You see the pieces and the people come together to fight a battle bigger than they are.My only gripe is the love interest. Here is the conversation between me and my husband:Me: *Slams book shut.* No, she can not do this. I can't believe she did that! H: Did what?Me in a complaining teenage voice: She strained the love interest! WHY?!?! H: *Laughs*Me: *Narrows eyes at him* Why are you laughing? H: Cause you get so work up over that stuff. It is a series? Me huffs then turns away mumbling: Yes. H: That's why. She has to do something to make you come back. Me: Walks away mad.Yes, it's strained. Strained so much that I am displeased. Though I do understand that characters had to go through things in order to be where they need to be. So, will I read the next book! HECK YEAH!This chick has got me addicted!!Poison Princess is indeed the wild card in YA. Fresh and exciting, Poison Princess is rich in plot and characters. Creating a seamless blending from start to finish, Poison Princess will entrance any reader. Filled with great humor, Poison Princess is a delight!