Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Black City

Black City - Elizabeth  Richards You know, there aren't many books that can get me hooked by the first page. With Black City, it is inevitable. The plot of the book is what got me. The world building, with the time that they are living in really created a nice picture in my head. Once emerged in the story, I did not want to leave. (Confession: I read this story at my desk...at work!) When I have to put my work stuff aside, just to finish a book cause I can not stop thinking about it means, I've got it BAD. Let me tell you that Ms. Richards sure knows how to throw one over the reader. Some of the plot twist left me gasping,"NO!" I'm still feeling the book hangover today as I write this.The characters of the book are awesome. Natalie and Ash are facing some hard times in a harsh world. I really love how well both these characters grew along with reader. It gave the reader a front row seat to an awesome reading adventure.The love interest is what you want it to be. Hot and forbidden, this love sky rockets sky high. The way it grows is so freaking exciting! Watching these two fight with every single chapter and then gets closer, exposing secrets, its get better and exciting as the ending gets closer...Take it from me when I say Black City is an phenomenal book! Flat-out entertaining, Black City ignites the YA world with brilliance. The maddening love with the witty world building, once in the book you won't want to come out. Black City is awesome!