Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Uses for Boys

Uses for Boys - Erica Lorraine Scheidt A dark and gritty story, this book was unusually hard to read. To see a character struggle soo much....not to mention the amount of lack of support and a mess up mind set, you can't help but feel so many emotions.Anger. That is the first thing I felt while reading this story. Then shock. How can parent be so nonexistent in their child's life? How can a parent just sit back and watch a child struggle and not care? I found myself asking these questions and more throughout the plot. Anna basically grows up on her own with no family, no mentor, nobody. She has to learn such harsh lessons on her own with nobody to guide her. And I'm not talking about lessons about cooking. Boys. Lots of boys. Boys taking advantage of Anna. Anna being pressured. I shook my head so many times reading this story. I wanted to step in, guide her, give her love, and a peace of mind.There are so many love interests cause Anna jumps from one extreme to another. Anna grows up quickly at such a young age, stepping into adult relationships that I could care less for. It hurt watching Anna trying to figure out love and family. She did everything but fall into what a love and family really is. *Caution* I recommend this book to anyone over 18+. Anna may be just a teen, but she does some dark, crazy, dangerous things at such a young age. There is lots of sexual activity (vivid), drinking, drugs, rape, and abortion, just to name a few.Uses For Boys is a bleak, crazy pursuit of a dangerous road. It disturbs the reader with the amount of promiscuity and the search for love that they yearn for. Uses For Boys has great depth to the core of the story, a family. A real uncomfortable view of what some teens do go through, Uses For Boys is surreal.