Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Ashen Winter (Ashfall (Trilogy - Hardcover))

Ashen Winter - Mike Mullin If you know me, you know that I am gaga for dystopian books. There full of things I love the most. Love, action, and redeeming character that makes it to the top to survive and fight for what they believe in. This book took my away for adventure that I could not get enough of.What I loved the most about this book is the plot. It's so easy to step right in it. The transition in opening the book and falling right in Alex shoes is awesome. During this story, Alex faces some hard decisions and risking all those who he loves. With each chapter, the build up to fights with bandits is extreme. While I was reading certain scenes I felt helpless! I so badly wanted to step into the book just to help the characters! I freaked out and literally had a panic attack cause I wasn't sure if Alex would make it on time. And so, if an author can make me feel this way in my office at work, you have succeeded to being PURE AWESOMENESS!The love interest went exactly where I wanted. There was some strain but no stupid stuff like jealousy or another guy/girl (I like to take the time to thank Mike Mullin for not making a love triangle happen! Thank YOU. You have saved my heart from being shattered!!!) Instead, they are faced with real life aspects of surviving during harsh times where people are animalistic and will do anything for survival. I'm glad that despite what happen to these characters their loyalty is not swayed. Instead, it grew into a solid trust of love and friendship. Something that no one can destroy. Ashen Winter is a mind bending adventure that will leave you breathless! The brilliant writing combined with gruesome violence raises the hair on my neck. The emotional ride of last minute runs for your life will leave you heart racing. Ashen Winter is darker with thrilling action like you never seen before. Ever wonder whats is like to step into a world ravish by a decaying earth? Read Ashen Winter and let me know if you survive.