Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Lost Girl

The Lost Girl - Sangu Mandanna Another amazing book by a fantastic author! This book had my heart racing even faster with each new chapter. Deception. Promises. Love. All rolled into one intense book.The reason I enjoyed this story is very simple. The plot. Hands down, it is intense. Eva is a creation. Created to mimic her other and learn to live just like her. Here is the kicker. She is not what I thought.With that said, there are some really food questions brought up. Do they have soul? Are they "real"? I felt conflicted. There's no way you can tell if a person has a soul so how can you tell if they are real. Or if they should receive the same rights as anyone else. The laws the surround Eva are strict and gruesome. I can only hope that in the next book, a way can be found for her.The love interest is what I thought and grew to where I like it to be. Not finish but not completely there either. Just the right amount of of love needed to sustain Eva to help her through. It's nice to see Eva smile without watching over her shoulder.If you have watch the movie Never Let Me Go, you will love this book. It's similar yet somewhat different.Lost Girl is beautifully climatic with lots of highs and lows. The questionable lawless society sets for an emotional ride. Rewarded with amazing capturing scenes and a love full of beauty, Lost Girl is pro-founding.