Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Farm

The Farm - Emily McKay Very interesting book. Very interesting indeed.Initially, going into this book I thought I had it all figured out. Boy was I wrong. Instead, I got a more in depth, complicate story that turn out to be quite beautiful. The plot of the book is nothing like the synopsis cause it go farther and deeper that what the reader is told. Which I really liked. I liked that the story kept me on my toes as well as entertained. I loved reading more into the characters as well as learning more about their history.Now the main characters, Lily and Mel as phenomenal. I love their relationship as well as the survival tactics. Their both immensely smart and protective of one another. Like Mel, my son also has ASD and well, I think the author did a great job in her research about Autism. The point of view does switch quite a bit between the two but I didn't mind it. I like seeing the sides from both girls and seeing what they are thinking/feeling.The love interest is what I expected with well a lot of betrayal. At the beginning, I admit that I hated the guy. He has been lying about his motives from the start and I quickly caught on. Towards the ends, I'm not sure how to feel. I want to trust the guy but it just that, he lied so much I can't. I guess I have to read the next and see if he is able to re-gained my heart.The Farm is fresh yet complex. It offers a new world, new rules that you must learn to play in order to survive. It's one of those books that you can read and think about afterwards. The history to the story and where it's going it whats keep me hooked. Innovative and different, The Farm is wonderful!